MBC experts are constantly working towards optimizing billing and collections for cardiology practices across the US. They are of view, that unique billing challenges related to cardiology need to be tackled effectively to reduce payment slowdowns.
Billing Complexities Affecting Cardiology Reimbursements:
Cardiology practices have become vulnerable to revenue losses amidst sweeping payment changes.
- CMS has brought Medicare rate changes and kept diagnostic and therapeutic cardiology services in a reductive ambit. Various other service types have been left out, posing a challenge for coders and billers in differentiating procedures and assigning proper codes
- Reduction or penalty of 1.5% will have to be faced by cardiology practices if they don’t comply to e-Prescribing and PQRS standards
- Payment to cardiologists might reduce to 20-27% due to creation of new evaluation codes and payment levels for complex cardiology procedures if the coders are not well-trained
- Over and under-coding has also affected cardiology billing and due to rising number of patients amidst time constraint, documentation accuracy has also reduced, causing coding errors
How is MBC resolving these Cardiology Billing Challenges?
Cardiology billing experts at MBC are focused on resolving the above-mentioned complexities and provide streamlined billing with the help of latest technology. The aim is to minimize claim denials with improved billing and documentation systems.
MBC experts make use of in-depth research and experience to track underpayments and increase collection of cardiology practices. Billing experts, RCM solutions, technologies and processes are integrated to reduce AR days and denials by handling the following tasks vital to the financial health of a cardiology practice:
- Coders at MBC have sound knowledge of ICD and CPT codes. Their knowledge of complex coding such as electrophysiology coding, cardiac catheterization laboratory coding and cardiac computerized tomography angiography (CCTA) coding is strong enough to ensure error-free results
- The team at MBC is familiar with stringent HIPAA and ARRA norms and is well-trained to adhere to any changes required for maintaining privacy and confidentiality of clients
- Irrespective of intricate cardiology procedures, MBC coders can assign proper codes
The team at MBC undergoes regular training in order to offer the best of services to the clients. The objective is to help cardiologists unravel billing complexities without worrying about hiring, retaining or training in-house staff.
Cardiologists either take the complete suite of billing services from MBC or get the services customized according to their billing requirements. From charge entry and insurance claim submission to denial management and revenue follow-ups, MBC strives to offer accuracy to ensure maximum profits for cardiology practices.
Medicalbillersandcoders.com is the largest 'Consortium of Medical Billers and Coders,' across the US. The portal brings together hundreds of billers, with experience in different specialties (Internal Medicine Billing, Cardiology Billing, Podiatry Billing, Family Practice Billing, Radiology Billing, Chiropractic Medical Billing), on the same platform to service physicians in their local areas. This network of coders and billers is growing rapidly and is currently servicing over 50 specialty physicians, across the US.